So much to catch up on, but not enough attention span to share it all. I’ll provide a quick synopsis below with lots of very pretty pictures.
- Left Austin on Monday, July 14; 99 degrees and a collective 6 hours of sleep over 2 days. Began the adventure through Texas heading west toward New Mexico.
- Drove through Lubbock. I’m hoping there is more to it than the empty beltline skirting the city.
- Crossed into New Mexico around 5 pm CT. Both Mike and I were smiling and excited to be in the state where we got married. It was an awesome moment for all of 30 seconds before we saw the giant haboob/tornadic event heading right toward the highway.
- Spent the next 3 hours in driving rain on two lane roads in the middle of nowhere; so much not-fun.
- Finally made it to our friend Bill Stimmel’s home in Albuquerque and visited with him, his wife Beth and kids.
- Fell into bed like a ton of sleepy bricks.
- Explored Albuquerque and Santa Fe, and even snuck in a hike on the Big Tesuque Trail.
- Drove to Boulder on Wednesday to move into our new-temporary residence: CU Boulder Family Housing.
It’s only been a couple of weeks since we got here and it has been chock full of ups and downs and a range of emotions. All to be expected with a big move. (Pictures after the jump.)